We are really pleased to announce that our charities of the year for 2020 are:
● Get Me Out The Four Walls
● SENsational Families
We will be working closely with both charities to help them raise funds and to provide our shoppers with some exciting activities throughout the year. Watch this space!
A bit about our chosen charities:
Get Me Out The Four Walls was created to ensure that no mother, father or carer feels alone and isolated at home after the birth of their children. By creating informal social meets they aim to give as many people in Norfolk the opportunity to escape their house and meet others which they believe helps prevent the on-set of Maternal Mental Illness such as Postnatal Depression and to help aid stabilisation of mental health and social prescription.
They also strive to support as many mothers that become known to us that are struggling with a mental illness by offering 1 to 1 peer support and postnatal depression specific social meets delivered by our friendly non-judgemental ambassadors.
Find out more at www.getmeout.org.uk
SENsational Families vision is to support as many families as possible in Norfolk who have a child with special educational needs or disabilities.
– Provide help and advice to those in Norfolk who are in need of support with caring for children under the age of 19, with special educational needs or disabilities
– Provide support and advice online and at weekly support meetings
– Offer much needed friendship and understanding
– Provide opportunities for parents and carers to further educate themselves in areas that will help them understand and care for their child better
– Offer a loan service of resources and equipment to help better care for their child
– Help to increase public understanding and awareness of special educational needs and disabilities