The National School Sport Week campaign takes place to celebrate the important role of Physical Education and school sport in enhancing young people’s wellbeing.
The Youth Sport Trust has teamed up with Sky Sports to run a national campaign which will aim to unite the country – families, schools, sport and businesses – in a celebration of the power of sport to bring people together, even during isolation.
The UK-wide campaign challenges people to take on their families, friends and neighbours in virtual sporting challenges – helping them to connect in an unprecedented period of school closures and social distancing.
What you need to do:
1) Plan your challenges! Using the tabs below, CLICK on each link below to see a range of different challenge examples. Pick ONE for everyday of the week, with your last challenge taking place on Friday 26th June. It can be ANY challenge from all of the suggested challenges.
Athletics (Track & Field)
2) Make a copy of the sheet below on paper, or create a sheet like the one below, and fill in the plan for the week like the example given below:
3) Produce a results table like the one below, either on paper or on the computer.
4) Each day, complete your chosen activity, record your results.
5) Always remember the following safety points!
6) Most importantly, have fun!