Are there disabled facilities available at Castle Quarter?
Our new Changing Place facility is now open near the Cattlemarket entrance, right next to our disabled parking on Level J of the car park. If you are accessing Castle Quarter from Castle Meadow or Cattlemarket Street you will not need to use stairs or lifts. Opening times are as per the Castle Quarter opening times and are accessed by radar key.
What access is available to Castle Quarter for disabled customers or families with pushchairs?
All areas of Castle Quarter have wheelchair access via lifts from all levels. In car park 1 and 2 there is lift access to all levels. The Terrace, level 4 is accessed via a lift adjacent to TK Maxx. Access to TK Maxx is via Level 1 and Level 2. Scenic lifts allow access to levels 1 – 5.
All entrances to Castle Quarter are accessed from road level and all access points are wheelchair friendly.
Can I hire mobility equipment at Castle Quarter?
You can hire mobility equipment from NBR Shopmobility Plus which is located on Level 2 next to Superbowl UK. You can call them on 01603 624499 to reserve your scooter.
Are there disabled spaces available at the Castle Quarter car park?
Yes, there are disabled spaces available in the car park. There are 25 spaces in car park 1, these can be found on level J and level L.
In car park 2 there are 5 disabled car parking spaces, these can be found on level P and level R.
Normal charges apply.
What level of help can be offered by staff and security at Castle Quarter for people with specific needs?
Our team at Castle Quarter are pleased to be able to offer help and support to any customer who requests it. They offer their own kindness and compassion.
The majority of our staff are also fully trained First Aiders.
All centre management, security and cleaning staff have attended dementia awareness training and are all dementia friends, Castle Quarter is a member of the Norwich City Dementia Action Alliance.
Our team are disability confident employers and currently working towards becoming disability confident leaders.
Are there baby changing and feeding facilities available in Castle Quarter?
Yes there are both baby changing and feeding facilities located on Level 2 near the Cattlemarket entrance. Boots, also have a feeding/change room on Level 2 by their tills.
Visitor Code of Conduct
The team at Castle Quarter are committed to making your visit a safe and enjoyable experience within a family friendly environment. With this in mind we ask that you please observe our rules to ensure an experience that all of our visitors can enjoy.
The following are not allowed:
• Aggressive, abusive, violent or otherwise threatening or confrontational behaviour towards staff or any member of the public
• Any actions that may be perceived as intimidating, for example the wearing of motorcycle helmets and hoods, or any groups loitering either in Castle Quarter or the car park
• Anti-social behaviour, including swearing, shouting, spitting
• Any animals or pets in Castle Quarter unless with permission from management; assistance dogs are of course welcome
• With the exception of mobility scooters and wheelchairs, vehicles are not allowed within Castle Quarter. Vehicles not permitted include cycles, skateboards, roller blades, segways, scooters, micro or electric scooters or any similar product
• Cycles must not be walked within Castle Quarter
• Use of a drone, this includes inside or over Castle Quarter, as well as car parks or anywhere else within the its periphery
• Running, climbing or sitting on any escalator, balustrade, barrier, planting, fence or railing
• Prams must not be taken on escalators
• Blocking access to any entrance, exit, emergency exit, retail unit, corridor or parking area
• Sitting on the floor, both on the mall or within the Food Court area and externally on any paths, landscaped areas or in the car park
• Misuse of shopping trolleys, please use the direct trolley route from store to the car park. Shopping trolleys are not permitted anywhere else in Castle Quarter
• Leafleting, canvassing or the conducting of any interviews and surveys within the malls or car parks unless agreed by Castle Quarter Management in advance
• Unauthorised selling of goods on the malls or car park
• Filming and photography are not permitted unless agreed by Centre Management in advance. The use of tripod equipment is not permitted. If you want to film within Castle Quarter, please come to the centre management office to discuss with us first. Taking photographs of family or friends is fine
• Shirts / tops and footwear must be worn
• Dropping litter
There are also legal conditions which visitors must comply with:
• There is a strict no smoking policy (including vaping) inside Castle Quarter or the car park
• Alcohol is only to be consumed within licensed premises. Customers must stay within the boundaries of the premises that they have purchased their drink from
• Possession of any type of weapon is prohibited
In the event that that a temporary or short-term requirement is needed to comply with national legislation and/or local restrictions, Castle Quarter will display clear direction of what is necessary and ask that all visitors follow the directions. For example, the Covid-19 pandemic resulted in the introduction of public safety measures, including social distancing and wearing of face coverings; a range of signage within Castle Quarter and support from X team members helped make the measures clear to all visitors.
This list does not cover everything. Castle Quarter is private property, and we reserve the right to deny entry to any visitor or ask any visitor to leave whose actions we feel are inappropriate.
Thank you for taking the time to read our Visitor Code and we look forward to welcoming you at Castle Quarter.
Terms and Conditions of use of Car Park
Any person entering the car park of Castle Quarter is asked to read carefully the Terms & Conditions of entry to and use of this car park, and to follow the procedures recommended in those Terms & Conditions which are for their benefit.
If you wish to make a complaint you are asked to follow the Complaints Procedure set out in Condition (2) below. This will ensure that your complaint is brought promptly to the attention of the Company’s Representatives.
(1)The Company’s Liabilities
a)The Company, its servants and agents will accept liability in respect of any loss or theft of, or from or mis-delivery of a temporary failure to deliver or damage to the vehicle only where the same is proved and to the extent that it is proved to be caused by the negligence, wilful default or breach of statutory duty of the Company, its servants or agents or the dishonesty of its servants or agents: and
b)the Company, its servants and agents will accept liability in respect of the death or personal injury sustained by customers and others in the loading yard only where the same is proved and to the extent that it is proved to be caused by the negligence, wilful default or breach of statutory duty of the Company, its servants or agents.
Should your vehicle suffer damage whilst in the car park, or should you lose the vehicle or any of your possessions from the vehicle whilst it is in the loading yard you are asked to:-
a)immediately inform a member of our staff of the occurrence;
b)in the case of theft, immediately to inform the police; and
c)notify your insurers promptly.
If you consider that you have a claim against the Company you must, within 72 hours of discovery of the loss or damage, give written notice containing full details of the occurrence to the General Manager at Castle Quarter Management Office,100 Castle Quarter, Norwich, Norfolk, NR1 3DD.
Before submitting a claim to the Company, you are asked to check Condition (1) and to ensure that the subject matter of the claim falls within the Company’s area of responsibility.
Failure to comply with the above procedure may prejudice your position.
(3) Securing Your Vehicle
Unless asked by the Company or one of its employees or agents not to do so, please ensure that whenever your vehicle is left unattended:-
a)Your vehicle is securely locked.
b) All the windows of your vehicle are securely closed.
c) If your vehicle is fitted with a steering lock or similar device then it is engaged.
(4)Safety in the car park
Please drive carefully in the loading yard and obey all the directional and other signs.
(5)Moving and Relocation of Vehicles
a)The Company reserves the right to move a vehicle within the car park by driving or otherwise to such extent that the Company, its servants or agents may, in their discretion, think necessary to avoid obstruction or in order to arrange the loading facilities within the car park more efficiently.
b)The Company reserves the right when the cark park has to be closed, either permanently or temporarily, in whole or in part, or has to be evacuated in cases of emergency, to remove any vehicle at any time to any other reasonably convenient loading yard area within the control of the Company.
c)To the extent that it may be necessary to do so, in the exercise of the rights conferred upon the Company under this condition, the Company, its servants or agents shall have the right to drive or otherwise take the vehicle on the public highway.
Every vehicle in the car park is subject to a lien for charges due or accruing due from the vehicle user to the Company, and a general lien for all and any monies due from the vehicle user to the Company. The lien will exist whenever the vehicle is in the car park notwithstanding that it may from time to time have been removed from the car park. The company may give 28 days notice (‘Notice of Sale’) of its intention to sell the vehicle in default of payment. If payment is not made within the notice period, the Company may sell the vehicle by auction or otherwise and the proceeds of sale will be applied in and towards satisfaction of all sums owing to the Company by the customer together with expenses of the sale.
The Company is entitled to charge reasonable garage charges for the period during which the vehicle is in the possession of the Company. Any balance of purchase price remaining after satisfaction of such sums will be held by the Company on behalf of the registered owner of the vehicle. Notice of Sale will be deemed to have been properly and sufficiently given by the sending of written notice by pre-paid post addressed to the registered owner at his last known address, whether or not the same is actually received.
(7) Prohibited Activities
a)No vehicle shall be towed into the car park and no work on or cleaning of vehicles shall take place in the loading yard.
b)No activity in connection with the selling, hiring or other disposal of vehicles shall be carried out in the car park
(8)Breach of Conditions
Vehicles are to be parked only in designated places as directed by Castle Quarter Management. Vehicles may only remain within the car park during the time that the vehicle is being loaded or unloaded and in no event for a period of time longer than 30 minutes.
The Company means Castle Quarter Management which is a subsidiary of Infrared.
(10) Variation of the Terms & Conditions
No person has any authority to vary or alter these terms and conditions unless such variation is in writing under the hand of a Director of the Company.